sent from a phone

On 4. Aug 2018, at 01:43, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:

As this is not a 'landuse' but a landcover I think moving it to
landcover=clearing would be a good first step.

-1, “clearing” is neither a landuse nor a landcover.

I agree. Further .. I don't think  OSM should be mapping it ... :)

But if mappers are entering .. and all over the place regarding keys.. what key
fits best?
As most of them are entering it from imagery and that says little about use and
lots about the cover ..
then landcover (or actually uncover) it is. I think it is about a lack of a
land cover.

If you have any ideas on how to write a wiki page that discourages the use of
the tag but documents it, I'm all ears.

See the page https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Landcover%3Dclearing

Presently landcover=clearing is fourth on the list of how to map, with
discouraging words attached.