W dniu 06.08.2018 o 01:48, Warin pisze:
On 06/08/18 09:01, Dave Swarthout wrote:
> I would think a good start would be changing the wiki to make it historic=flood_level, leaving any reference to high (or low) water to be a waterways thing ie the high tide mark.

Before making any changes in wiki I would like to find final agreement on that topic. "Flood level" (highest water table) is usually only one of several informations we can find on "flood mark". Others can be date of flood, inscription, etc.
Physical object mapped in OSM is rather mark, not just water/flood level.
So "historic=flood_mark" is probably more generic.

+1

Very sensible IMO.

Yes.
Complication .. a historic king tide combined with a storm event may be considered a historic flood level.
But 'normal' high tides should be part of the water way tagging system.

This can be sometimes hard to distinguish. But tide+storm I would consider rather as flood event - probably higher level comparing to periodic tides.
In such a case we can find in on place two types of marks:
* historic=highwater_mark - with information about periodic highest water level (no date provided),
* historic=flood_mark - with information about flood event (with date)
So existence of date on such mark could be a good information for proper tag assignment. I'm not familiar with tides, so please correct me if this is not the case.

regards
Robert