I would expect Frederik to be even more disappointed if we were to first
duplicate name to name:XX and then have another round of edits to remove
name.

At some point JOSM's valdiator was telling me to add name:language, so I
did. That's where some of those Belgian entries probably come from for the
objects I had been changing for other reasons.

Polyglot