sent from a phone

> On 5. Oct 2018, at 08:15, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sounds sensible to me. If JOSM and ID support man_made=tower +
> tower:type=communication with a preset, it won't be any more work than typing
> in a single tag.

for me it made more sense to discourage the whole tower:type concept and try to
migrate to something more specific in the main tag.

There are just too many too different types of towers to keep some of them in
the same category while others like water towers are still in different
categories anyway. Why not tag man_made=observation_tower / bell_tower / etc.
For tv / radio towers, broadcasting_tower seems less ambiguous.

cheers,
Martin