On Sun, Oct 7, 2018 at 8:10 PM ael <law_ence....@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Is that the stream tagged with source = npe?

Yep.

 Just because you can't see it from your armchair, doesn't mean that it
> isn't there. Although

I admit npe is often a bit approximate, and it may have dried up.

NPE is very approximate.  And prone to blackouts from heavy drinking.  And
some hallucinations.

Maybe the NLS 2 1/2" historic map might shed more light.

OS OpenData StreetView matches what ESRI shows.  What is mapped is a stream
with a
right-angle turn into the basin and no drain from the basin.  What is not
mapped is the stream
continuing straight on to the sea as shown in OSODSV and is very visible in
ESRI.  What is not
mapped is the underground channel from the basin to the sea, marked on
OSODSV.  What is
mapped doesn't seem to match any of the write-ups I've seen for this
feature whereas OSODSV
does.  And even if the mapping is right for the stream, there is no arch
where it has been placed.

Just ATM, I can't recall the right terminology, but these
> partiallycollapsed sea caves are quite common, and I am sure I have seen
> them with a dedicated tag. No doubt someone else will chip in the proper

tags.

There are tags for caves in general and could be applied to a sea cave.
But the only way the
cave tags can be applied to a collapsed sea cave is to pretend the collapse
is a sink hole, which
(according to the wiki and to my understanding of what a sink hole is), it
isn't.

--
Paul