On 10/10/18 09:47, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 at 08:04, Paul Allen <pla16...@gmail.com <mailto:pla16...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 10:24 PM ChameleonScales
    <chameleonsca...@protonmail.com
    <mailto:chameleonsca...@protonmail.com>> wrote:

        amenity:library=game_and_toy

    When I added one of these, five months ago, the most popular way
    of doing it was
    amenity=toy_library, so that's what I went with.

I was wondering the same question about mapping Family History libraries ie somewhere you go to study Family History, which has reference files etc

I was thinking:
amenity=library
"something" :-)=family_history

type / library / resource ???

Family history (or genealogy) is not only researched in libraries, but also government record offices, national archives, newspaper records, cemetery records, wills, probate, city directories, trade directories etc.

I'm not certain how to go about tagging the availability of genealogy material.
genealogy=yes/vital_records/newspapers/religious_records/* ???

As a non physical tag it would have to be attached to something.. library, office etc.