On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 at 08:51, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> We should map the most intensive landuse, from a map user standpoint. So a
> mixed-use area of tall buildings would be retail. There might be condos and
> apartments on the 20th to 40th floor, offices on the 10th 20th floors, a
> garage for cars from floor 2 to 9, but the first couple of levels are
> retail, therefore it is just as interesting as a 1 or 2 Storey retail
> building for map users.

But the wiki for apartments
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:building%3Dapartments says in part
"Some apartment blocks may also have retail outlets on the ground floor"
with one example being
*Residential tower* - The Taikoo Shing development on Hong Kong Island
involved placing a large number of tower apartment blocks above a large
shopping mall.

So wouldn't that building you described also be a building=apartment with
landuse=residential?

Thanks

Graeme