On 08.12.18 14:54, Johnparis wrote:
Briefly, without seeing at least one example for the other proposal, I don't think it's reasonable to assume it will be easier to implement. It is essentially an extension of my proposal (views of third parties on claims), but without the modularity introduced by the zones of control.

Hi all, I've uploaded an example of my proposal mapping Kosovo/Serbia. I
hope I've got it right and understood the geo-politics (feel free to
correct me): Kosovo seceded from Serbia, but Serbia (and others) doesn't
recognize that.

In this case, there is only one new relation needed:  (
https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/9088937 ). I added some
"according_to:XX" tags to the existing Serbia (
https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/1741311 ) and Kosovo (
https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/2088990 ) relations.

I have half working code for working with this scheme, which I will
release shortly.