On 10/12/18 07:46, Javier Sánchez Portero wrote:
I answer inline to Paul and Markus

El dom., 9 dic. 2018 a las 15:12, Paul Allen (<pla16...@gmail.com <mailto:pla16...@gmail.com>>) escribió:

    On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 3:06 PM dktue <em...@daniel-korn.de
    <mailto:em...@daniel-korn.de>> wrote:

        I would like to propose a tag for emergency control centers
        (the place
        you reach when you call 112 in Europe).

    Why?

    As far as I know, these are places one contacts via telephone.
    They may be located far from
    the locality they serve, even though calls from that locality may
    be routed to one particular
    control centre.  Are the ones you are familiar with of a kind
    where one must walk in to report
    an emergency?  Unless they are, it serves no purpose to mark them
    on a map.  Unless, perhaps,
    one is a terrorist intent upon damaging infrastructure.

I kindly disagree with you. I think this information is important in the map as is everything related to emergencies. We can distinguish the calling centre and the centre for coordination for emergency forces and resources. Usually they are located in the same place.
Well .. that is not the case here.
First the call centre takes calls for the 3 services - ambulance, fire (and rescue) and police. The calls are then past to relevant section as they are trained in the relevant specialities and have the correct contacts.
Of course a ordinary person don't need to know where they are, but for a emergency planner these are strategic places into the emergencies services that need to be preserved and defended. Of course the emergency services should have their own maps and data bases, but I think that is our goal to offer the best possible geographic information data base for all kind of user and to serve as a valid alternative to any government user which want to use it. In addition the terrorist, many other people could need to know the location of such a place, for example mail and delivery services, taxis, and any one who is interested in work in such a place or know how the work (school visits). At least in my country these location are publicly know through the contact section of their web site. They are also verifiable on the on the ground features and as such they have place in our database.
Anyone wanting the information can find it and use it  .. even if it is under the office key.

Going to a fire or ambo station for assistance is fine. There you find people trained in various aspects of emergency assistance and the equipment to provide that assistance. It may be quicker to go there than call and wait for them to arrive. Going to a call centre is not so good .. they probably don't have the equipment even if they have the training and experience. So I would not put them under the key emergency.

Dedicated buildings for ambulances do exist, just as they do for fire stations.