On 11/01/2019 17:05, Peter Elderson wrote:
 The Trans-Pennine Trail trailhead is a trailhead

No - it really isn't. That was my entire point. I'm willing to bet a small round of beer in the pub up the road that almost no-one walking past that info board will say "oh look - that's a trailhead for the TPT".

The problem with trying to shoe-horn other features into a particular definition is that it dilutes the value of the features with that tag that have already been mapped - in this case trailheads where "everyone" will agree that they are trailheads.

That's not to say that the features that you're trying to record aren't very important - I'm sure that they are, and it would make total sense for a Dutch-focused transport, cycling or wanderroute-oriented map to show them.

Best Regards,

Andy