On 31/01/19 08:41, s8evq wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm a relative new contributor and have a question about tagging "club=scout" and
"club=youth".

What about similar organisations than Scouts? This might not exists as much in
other countries, but here in Belgium we have KSA, KLJ, Chiro and Scouts (and a
whole bunch more). These organisations are very similar to how Scouts operate
and what they stand for (perhaps a smaller emphasis on the outdoors).  If we
look at the amount of members in Vlaanderen, they are equal, if not bigger than
Scouts:
Chiro: 112.000 members
Scouts: 82.000 members
KSA: 32.000 members
KLJ: 22.000 members

So my question are:

1) Why does Scouts have it's own value in the club tag? If club=scout exists,
why couldn't then club=chiro also exist?

The scouts have a very long history and world wide recognition/organisation.

I have never heard of 'chiro'.
However club=scouts only has 57 uses in the data base.
club=scout is >600 so that it the one to use for them.

club=youth is >100

Something doesn't seem right with that idea.

2) According to the wiki there's also club=youth, but it's not used and
amenity=community_centre should be used instead.
Reading the wiki on amenity=community_centre
(https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dcommunity_centre#Differentiation):
"When the centre is open to general audiences (...) gathering for particular
activities, it should be tagged amenity=community_centre. When it addresses an audience
with specific problems, and/or is staffed with professional helpers (social workers,
nurses), amenity=social_facility would be preferred. "
Both don't fit the case here, as these places (just like scouts) are only open
for members.

Help is appreciated.

There is nothing stopping you from using club=chiro and others. But do document
it on the OSMwiki.
They are unlikely to be rendered as anything other than a 'club' at this stage.