On Sat, 16 Feb 2019 at 08:56, Markus <selfishseaho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Btw, i wonder why the wiki lists trash as a possible value for waste=*. Is
> trash intended to be only used in combinations, such as
> waste=trash;cigarettes? I've supposed that waste=trash is the default for
> amenity=waste_bin and amenity=waste_disposal and thus doesn't have to be
> added.

For the trash/cigarettes combinations, it makes sense.

There are sand-filled receptacles purely for stubbing out cigarettes.  No
other kind of waste
can be deposited there.  There are trash receptacles which have built-in
cigarette stubbers
and/or a separate cigarette receptacle.  And there are ordinary trash
receptacles in which
cigarette disposal is discouraged because a cigarette that hasn't been
fully stubbed out
can ignite the trash (happened a couple of months ago in a trash bin
outside my local
supermarket).

--
Paul