On 22/02/19 06:40, Tobias Knerr wrote:
On 21.02.19 20:15, Andrew Errington wrote:
If there is no limit then omit the maxstay tag. No tag, no limit.
Personally, I would indeed not set a maxstay tag if there's no limit.

However, even if we never want to tag maxstay=unlimited, such a value
would still be useful in the context of conditional restrictions: It
allows us to naturally express situations where there's normally a
maxstay, but unlimited stay is allowed under certain conditions – e.g.
at certain times, or for a certain group of people. For that, we
probably want maxstay:conditional = unlimited @ (somecondition).

+1

There is a default value of access=yes so OSM is not full of access=yes.
Same thing should be done for maxstay.