all police=* except police=station shouldn't be mapped as amenity=police
so your idea look good, but it's a bad idea to promote police=* with
wrongly mapped object that are currently wrongly taged with amenity=police

police:name : it's not what should be in operator or network ?

police:type : type is a no-meaning tag despite I currently no idea for a
good name.
I also fail to understand the dif with police:name.
what's the police:name of CRS ?
what's the police:type of NYPD ?