Am 15. März 2019 07:55:31 MEZ schrieb Joseph Eisenberg
<joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com>:
>Please don’t change the established meaning of amenity=police; it
>should
>keep meaning “a public police station”.
>
>Most database users are only going to be interested in public police
>stations, that’s why we’ve gotten by for over 10 years with just
>amenity=police.

But amenity=police is currently used indiscriminately for *all* police
stations, public-facing or not. That's what makes the current mapping
inconsistent and impractical. To make it usable and consistent again, we'd at
least have to either replace amenity=police by police=* in all
non-public-facing police facilities or add police=* to the tagging of these
facilities.

And, I don't think that tagging police stations as amenity=police and
police=station would be too demanding for the average mapper. You just have to
get used to it.

I simply find it undesirable to use different keys for things that are so
closely connected in reality as is the case of police facilities.

Best, Jan