Hello.

Yesterday Wiki user Cmuelle8 (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Cmuelle8) changed a number of Wiki pages with the following comment :(opposite_lane is a value for unaffixed legacy cycleway=* tags (!!), it has no meaning with cycleway:left, cycleway:right and cycleway:both and must not be used in combination; use *:oneway=* which is indpendent of left/right hand traffic systems)

The pages affected are https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key%3Acycleway and https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bicycle, as well as the french version of the former. There might be others.

Cmuelle introduces rather complex combinations of tags such as cycleway:left <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:cycleway:left>=lane <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:cycleway:left%3Dlane> + cycleway <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:cycleway>:left <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:left>:oneway <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:oneway>=-1 <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:oneway%3D-1>. that should in his view be used instead of cycleway:left=opposite_lane. <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:oneway%3Dyes> Does anyone on this list know whether this change has been discussed anywhere, and where and when it has been decided that cycleway=opposite_lane is a "legacy tag" ? If so please point me at some references.

I cannot find any recent discussion about this and am wondering whether this wiki change is an attempt to force a change in the model with no discussion with the community...

Antoine.