On 20/03/19 18:54, Lorenzo Stucchi wrote:

Hi Giovanni,

We thinks that it also important understand if the area is without vegetation
because becomes a cultivated land, an artificial area or the trees are just
cutted for wood and so some year after they will appear again. For this reason
we thinks that is interesting to understand also what there is in the are
without trees.

An area without trees will not have a tag for trees. An area that is not mapped
will look like there are no trees.

Map the trees and you then know both the area of trees and the area without
trees. You do not need a special tag to say there are no trees.

PS the OSM key 'natural' applies to both 'natural' and 'unnatural' areas!

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:natural

key 'natural' OSM definition: "Used to describe natural physical land features,
including ones that have been modified by humans."