It is perfectly acceptable to come up with better tagging for established
things and deprecate the old one, if we also invite downstream users from
the start of the process (anyone?).

I didn't recall commenting on the talk page but looks like I had pretty
good arguments. To accommodate rooms&tables, perhaps we could use
nappy_changing=yes. Its scheme would then be:

1) If both toilets are mapped as a separated node:
amenity=toilets
wheelchair=designated
nappy_changing=yes

amenity=toilets
wheelchair=no
nappy_changing=no

2) if both toilets are mapped as a single node:
amenity=toilets
wheelchair=yes
nappy_changing=yes
nappy_changing:location=room/toilets/female_toilets/maie_toilets/wheelchair_toilets

3) if toilet that belongs to an amenity or a building doesn't have it's
own object, for ex with a bar:
amenity=bar
toilets:wheelchair=yes
nappy_changing=yes
nappy_changing:location=room/toilets/female_toilets/maie_toilets/wheelchair_toilets

Other possible tags:
nappy_changing:for=adult/child
nappy_changing:capacity=<count of tables>
nappy_changing:fee=*
nappy_changing:access=*
nappy_changing:height=*
nappy_changing:vending/dispensing=nappies;rash_cream;powder;wet_wipe;gloves;hand_sanitizer;pad;motrin;tylenol;...
nappy_changing:services=bench;shelf;potty;pillow;pad;...

Is it correct that nappy_changing:location=toilets is equivalent to
nappy_changing:location=unisex?