> and we already have it : crossing_ref

I was only referencing these facts to note a synergy with another proposal.
It won't be productive to hash out the entirety of problems with
crossing=uncontrolled and the proposal to use crossing=marked in this
thread, so I'll ask that we have in-depth discussion on the other thread
instead.

> beware of caricature :
> - unmarked pedestrian crossings with lowered kerb for wheelchairs
> - unmarked pedestrian crossing that connects a sidewalk on each side of
the crossing

> just because you've never seen one before doesn't mean it's a fiction.

I'm going to ask, again, that you keep away from personal accusations,
particularly ones that are speculative in nature.

I have mapped thousands of unmarked crossings and am in no way implying
anything derogatory. It is simply a fact that there are very few visual
indications of where a pedestrian will cross an unmarked crossing.
Therefore, the location where it is drawn is somewhat arbitrary - if you're
lucky, there's a dropped curb and you can draw the line through those
drops, but this is not necessary.