Hi Jane,

Welcome! I'm currently visiting Texas, so I know that firearm restrictions are
a fact that may be worthwhile to register in OSM. I suggest you write up a
proposal following the guidelines in the wiki and taking other proposals as
examples and put it up for comments here. If you feel that there's sufficient
support for your proposal, you can pass it on to voting.

Good luck!

Best, Jan