On Fri, 10 May 2019 at 12:46, Jane Smith <internetfriendly...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Good Evening,
>
> I am considering submitting a proposal for restrictions or allowances on
> carrying firearms in a particular location. I checked through the proposal
> pages and the active features pages and did not see anything related to
> this. The Proposal Process page suggested emailing this list to ensure
> nothing similar is already in use.

Hi Jane

(Sorry, tried to send this yesterday but our internet died :-()

That's an interesting one!

As far as I was aware, there's no mention of firearms in OSM, but when I've
just looked, I've found about 20 listings (all in the US - I'm guessing
that's where you are?) for firearms=yes/no, so there's obviously at least
some interest in the idea!. This will hopefully show the TagInfo
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/firearms#overview & Overpass map of
them: https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/ITh.

> Examples of these restrictions in my area would be signs on buildings
> prohibiting carrying firearms concealed and/or openly. The signs themselves
> would be nodes, but the allowance or restriction would apply to ways.

Because of the mass of conflicting firearm laws in the US between States,
Counties, cities & building owners, I think that you'd have to tie this to
individual buildings, or even shop by shop?

Could possibly be done as a node on the building itself, but also as an
extra tag against the business eg
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/305658067

Good luck!

Thanks