23 May 2019, 18:32 by o...@westnordost.de:

> reverse this development.

Yes, it would be great. There is plenty of negative emotion on both sides and it
would be great to reverse this (for example title that I used was frankly stupid
what I realized after sending the message).

> I had to rewrite this last paragraph several times, but, well, I hope this
> does not come across the wrong way...
> it can certainly not continue like this, so ... why not interview him,
> honestly and with open outcome, how should the collaboration and
> communication in OSM happen in the future from his point of view? Would he
> rather feel relieved or rather feel betrayed if the gatekeeping (~deployment)
> is done by other people? Does he really feel alienated (because I assumed it)
> from the community and if yes, why? And most importantly, what would it take
> to reverse this?

+1, though it would be tricky to find someone both interested in doing this,
with time to do that,
and not already involved in a poor way