Hello,

in our operation to fix campsite errors, there are several
cases of refugee camps.
some have temporarily abused tourism=camp_site to get a rendering
and be able to use standard applications (I can understand, lives
are impacted), but after a few years after the first use,
we should find something better.

what would be a better tag/value ?
here are some examples I found on the wiki or with taginfo

2 examples that I think are fine
amenity=refugee_housing
place=refugee_camp

3 others examples
tourism=camp_site + refugee=yes but it's not a tourism feature
idp:camp_site=* but no main tag, and confusion with tourism is easy
earthquake:damage=spontaneous_camp but no main tag

by analogy with other tags, we could also imagine something
like *=refugee_site but don't exists right now

if someone participates in HOT or equivalent,
do not hesitate to forward

the humanitarian preset does not contain any proposals and does
not seem to have been updated for a long time
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Tags/HDM_preset

Regards,
Marc