On Fri, 7 Jun 2019 at 03:00, marc marc <marc_marc_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> 2 examples that I think are fine
> amenity=refugee_housing
> place=refugee_camp

IMO either of those would work

> 3 others examples
> tourism=camp_site + refugee=yes but it's not a tourism feature

Definitely not

> idp:camp_site=* but no main tag, and confusion with tourism is easy

Agreed

> earthquake:damage=spontaneous_camp but no main tag
>
> by analogy with other tags, we could also imagine something
> like *=refugee_site but don't exists right now

Could we go with something under the emergency= key, coupled with either
refugee_camp or _housing?

> the humanitarian preset does not contain any proposals and does
> not seem to have been updated for a long time
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Tags/HDM_preset

I'm wondering why there's a separate list?

On Fri, 7 Jun 2019 at 04:34, Jmapb <jm...@gmx.com> wrote:

> There are 40 instances of social_facility=refugee_camp, and 18 of
> social_facility=refugee_housing.
> For the primary tag you could go with social_facility=group_home or
> social_facility=shelter, but they don't seem quite right.

> I'd suggest something like social_facility=temporary_housing.

To me, social_facility doesn't quite cut it for "refugees". Refugees strike
me as people fleeing from war / massive natural disaster - social_facility
comes across as small scale for homeless people / women's refuge sort of
thing?

Thanks

Graeme