On 14/07/19 21:15, Paul Allen wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 at 09:35, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com <mailto:61sundow...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Should this not be tagged leisure=pitch with sport=soccer_golf ???

    Or are any sports related to golf to be tagged leisure=* only???

Going by https://www.worldfootballgolf.com/en/s2106/WFGA/c2243-What-is-Footballgolf
it is far more similar to a golf course than to a soccer pitch.

If you think it should be mapped as leisure=pitch + sport=soccer_golf then you need to explain why we should not be using leisure=pitch + sport=golf rather than
leisure=golf_course.  Ditto for miniature golf.

Arguably this should be leisure=soccer_golf_course rather than leisure=soccer_golf.  But I don't see "pitch" as being a good fit for soccer_golf any more than it is for a golf course or for a
miniature golf course.

Pitch, in OSM terms, is the area of a sport.. shooting ranges go in here, as do chess, ping pong, hammer throwing, etc.

Think you  find leisure=golf pre-dates the sports key and the pitch value. So its existence may be historical.