sent from a phone

On 15. Jul 2019, at 04:28, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:

Pitch, in OSM terms, is the area of a sport.. shooting ranges go in here, as do
chess, ping pong, hammer throwing, etc.

swimming pools don’t, golf courses don’t, running tracks don’t. I find it
questionable to have shooting ranges or ping pong tables tagged as pitches, it
makes it less intuitive and more error prone to use tags differently to the
meaning of the words.

'We' did not get a say in it. I would be happier with it all under
leisure=sport and leisure=recreation. Hindsight 20:20!

Then instead of sport=* 'we' could have activity=* to be used under both
leisure=sport and leisure=recreation. No chance of that happening.