As Kevin Kenny says.

The key 'landuse' is big misused for land covers.

And this predominately is because of the tag landuse=grass.
While this exists OSM can expect the key 'landuse' to be used (misused) for land covers of all descriptions.

If the key 'landuse' is only used for the human use of the land - free of any hint of the cover then there may be some hope of resolving 'village_green'. In Australia there is the 'village common' - land held for common use, this might get away form the 'green' aspect of grass. The rendering colour could also be closer to that of schools and hospitals, again away from the colour green.