On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 at 12:52, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Agreed, there are enough tags for public transport already. I don't
> think anything new is needed.

There's something I haven't found a way of mapping.  That's a bus stop
where there's a bay
inlet into the pavement (aka sidewalk, aka causeway).  If it served a
different purpose and
had different road markings, it could be a lay-by (aka rest area) or a
parking bay.  But it's a
bus stop where the bus does not obstruct the flow of traffic.  There are
four of those in
my town, that I can think of (there may be others I've missed).

Yes, I could use area:highway or add area=yes to a closed way, but those
don't seem to render
on a popular, well-known carto intended for mappers to check their work for
anything but
pedestrian ways.

Is there a way of doing it that I've missed?  If not, could we have one?

Example: https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=20/52.08760/-4.65318

--
Paul