On Sun, 4 Aug 2019 at 10:29, Lanxana . <lanxa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have looked in taginfo and approximately in 15000 cases the semicolon
> (;) is used, in 3000 the comma (,) and in 1000 cases the hyphen (-). It
> would seem therefore that the general criteria is to use the semicolon.

See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Semi-colon_value_separator

One thing that page doesn't explicitly mention is that the semi-colon is a
problem in URLs because
it can be a valid, meaningful character in some URLs.

It really is that? Is there no risk of causing errors when converting data
> to another format?

See link above.

Another option that I had valued, and of which I have not found use, is to
> add the level in the label itself, thus being:
>
> isced: level: 1 = yes + isced: level: 2 = yes, for a center that offers
> levels 1 and 2.

See link above.

What's your opinion?

Ask any two people on this list their opinion on any matter and you will
get THREE opinions.
At least.

--
Paul