On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 14:49:40 -0700
Clifford Snow <cliff...@snowandsnow.us> wrote:

> I’m probably getting out into the weeds here, but I think it’s worth
> mentioning that there are also *state park properties*…
>
> *State Park Properties:* Lands owned by the agency that are being
> held for future development (and lack any real infrastructure).
>
> A lot of mapping platforms (Google Maps) incorrectly label *State Park
> Properties* as full-blown *State Parks,* which confuses the public
> and is something we hear about often.

Google Maps is hardly the only one incorrectly labeling "state park
properties" as "state parks".  The parks department does it as well.

I recently visited what may or may not have been a "state parks
property", and the signs calling it "Riverside State Park" outnumbered
those calling it "Fisk State Park Property" 2 to 1.  For that matter,
the signs calling it "Lake Spokane State Park" were just as numerous as
those calling it a "state park property".

--
Mark