On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 at 13:18, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I agree, Paul.
> The most important things on a wiki page are 1) The description of the
> tag: what sort of feature or property does it represent and 2) How
> does one distinguish it from overlapping tags? Both of these should be
> in the first paragraph / section.
>
> For example, see highway=raceway:
> (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway=raceway)
> "A racetrack for motorised racing, eg cars, motorbikes and karts.
> For cycling, running, horses, greyhounds etc, use leisure=track."
>
> highway=unclassified
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dunclassified
> "The tag highway=unclassified is used for minor public roads typically
> at the lowest level of the interconnecting grid network. Unclassified
> roads have lower importance in the road network than {{tag|tertiary}}
> roads, and are not residential streets or agricultural tracks...."

For those examples, that is OK.  But those are along the lines of "this
tag applies to this particular situation, there are similar situations where
a different tag should be used."  In the case of landcover=hedge it's
more of "This is a bad tag.  Use this instead." (I paraphrase, you'd
phrase it more diplomatically) and should be in its own section right
at the very start.  With a warning icon.  Because once you know that,
there is no point reading the rest of it.

--
Paul