Hi Jorge,

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 08:15:37PM -0600, Jorge Aguirre wrote:
> Throughout the entire Latin American region and some other parts of
> the world, it is quite common to find the kilometer (Km.) information,
> as may be found on the “highway:milestone”, as part of the actual
> addresses. Mostly used in suburban and rural areas, which may usually
> not even have any visible references or even house numbers, the use of
> the milestone is widely utilized to find an address in these regions.

We have such addresses in Germany too. They are pretty rare though.
sometimes really rural mobile masts or copper distribution
street cabinets and stuff carry addresses like this.

As they are rare they are either not at all in public records or
with manipulating the km marker into the Housenumber. Typically
addresses in Germany are only granted for lots and houses and
telecoms infrastructure is often in public space so no addresses.

I have seen addresses in Telecoms records like "An der Bundesstraße,
Km 4,4".

> The highway milestone information may also be found in addresses
> within urban areas, even with the existence of house numbers, as these
> numbers frequently repeat themselves and the only difference between
> them is the exact location on a specific highway - based on and easily
> identified with these milestones.
>
> We want to create a tag to enter this commonly-used data in a logical
> way and therefore propose that it be “addr:milestone=* / (* - Km.
> ##)”, which does seem to meet the criteria and can be easily
> interpreted and used accordingly by any editor.

So you propose to put the address on the Milestone or on the housing
which uses this Address?

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f...@zz.de