On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 08:38:28AM +0200, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> DWG has been asked to mediate in a user dispute in Germany where a local
> mapper has chosen to represent a busy four-lane primary highway (two
> lanes in each direction, and a double continuous line painted in the
> middle which is physically possible but legally not allowed to cross).
>
> Other mappers object to this saying that it violates the rule that there
> must be some sort of physical division to allow that form of mapping.

I had a quick 10 Minute Look at Mapillary and i have found 10s of
examples of separate way although no physical barrier.

I guess this proves that people follow this way of mapping when they
see fit:

Hochstraße - Kamen:
https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/nPGchWcPI-HhCVYM833SlA

Emil-Zimmerman-Allee - Buer