I have stood in front of these large levees that prevent big rivers from
flooding the surrounding country side many times her in Italy and did not
find a suitable tagging for both the top and the bottom border lines of the
object.

We have a similar problem with extended stairs for which there is a tagging
scheme <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Stairs_modelling>, which could
be transferred to the levee situation. I am  not an expert in either levees
nor staircase modelling - I only note the similarity of the problems.