> if it fails, will you try to deprecate both tags?

This would be illogical. I think you did not get my point: I and others do not want multiple tags for one purpose. My goal therefore is to deprecate ONE of them. I do not care, if its "contact:phone" or "phone" we deprecate in the end.

> If it wins, what do you expect would it mean in practical terms?

In practical terms we make using OSM data one little step easier because they do not need to watch out for possible two or more keys and to risk to forget one.

Cheers

Sören Reinecke alias Valor Naram

Now I try it the other way around: Deprecating "phone" tag.

if it fails, will you try to deprecate both tags?
If it wins, what do you expect would it mean in practical terms?

Cheers
Martin