I'm voting "no" because I do not see any discussion of this proposal
at this mailing list or on the wiki. Has it been discussed somewhere
else? The definition is not clear to me.

The page says this is for mapping a "piece of equipment allowing to
connect individuals and households to telecom local loops. They are
often installed in the street, basements or on top of poles." That's a
vague definition, though perhaps I do not know enough about telecom
local loops.

But the linked page (722-12-19) has a different definition for
distribution point: "the final point in the local line network from
which pairs are run to individual subscribers's premises". I"m not
sure what a "pair" is here.
http://www.electropedia.org/iev/iev.nsf/display?openform&ievref=722-12-19

Please improve the definition so that a non-expert on the subject
should be able to understand when to use this tag, and more
importantly, when they should not use this tag. Like, is this for any
sort of box or device that some cable comes into which isn't an
electricity power line? Is there just one of these on an apartment
building, or one for each apartment? What about office buildings?

Sorry for voting "no", but I don't think we should "approve" tags
without discussion and reaching consensus.

Joseph Eisenberg