My take on this would be to create a separate route relation for the
funicular part and add that to the bicycle route relation. For validation
purposes that would be the simplest and clearest way of doing things.
Simply adding the rails would mean that you'd have to cycle on the rails,
or at least try and most likely fail.

Polyglot