Il ven 20 dic 2019, 01:16 Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> On 20/12/19 10:15, Chris Hill wrote:
>
> I have been a native British English speaker for about sixty years. A trip
> from A to B and then back to A, either on a fully reversed route or an
> alternative route, would could be described as a round trip. There is
> certainly no element of a curved or looping route required to make it a
> round trip.
>

> Nor is there anything in 'round trip' to exclude a curved circular route.
> Would be interesting to find the origin of 'round trip'.
>
> HTH
>
> Chris
>
> --
> cheers
> Chris Hill (chillly)
>
> On 19/12/2019 22:48, Phake Nick wrote:
>
> Merriam Webster and some other resources you have quoted are dictionary
> for American English, not the variant of English used by OSM. Posts by
> original author of the topic on the wiki talk page have explained the
> meaning of the term in British English.
>
> 在 2019年12月20日週五 06:19,Francesco Ansanelli <franci...@gmail.com> 寫道:

>>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Tag:closed_loop=yes

>>> The word 'round' implies circular. So a 'roundtrip' could be a circular
>>>

>> I'm not a mother tongue but:
>>
>> https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/round%20trip
>> Definition of *round trip*
>> : a trip to a place and back usually over the same route
>>

> Oxford Dictionary (usually taken as a good source for UK English): a
> journey to a place and back again
>
> Nothing about 'over the same route'.

But also not the circular word...

> https://www.thefreedictionary.com/roundtrip
>>

>> A trip from one place to another and back, usually over the same route.
>> https://www.yourdictionary.com/round-trip
>>
>> round trip
>>
>> noun
>> A trip from one place to another and back, usually over the same route.
>> Idk if it's clearer why I tried to match the definition.
>>
>> route that does not go from A to B and back along the same route, it
>>> could go A to B to C and then back to A via D. As such your rewording is
>>> wrong and does not match present use.
>>>
>>> Revert your change.
>>>

>> How about a voting?
>>

> You may have done that before your change.

Sorry for being "rude"... When in Rome...

> As I understand it you want to distinguish between routes that use the
> same route to return to the same place compared to those routes that return
> to the same place by a different route or at least sections are different.
> At present both of those are in OSMs 'roundtrip'. Would not this
> information be obtained by looking at the route as mapped in OSM?

I think a tag may enforce it

Is there a need to add this information?

If you split a segment in future a validator may say route with
closed_loop=yes not a loop...
A Roundtrip could be simply tagged and mapped in one direction in my opinion