https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/give_box

A facility where people drop off and pick up various types of goods in the
sense of free sharing.

Many thanks for your helpful Feedback and your support. :D

I have updated the proposed.

I like the idea of using the shop=charity icon. Maybe the icon could be a
combination of the shop=charity icon and the shop=gift icon.

I change the tag name to give_box.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/give_box
Because the name Givebox is used by a website that provides fundraising tools.

The naming was the difficult part. Why am I for give_box:

+ Give box is already a known concept in Europa with a big community.
+ I think "gift box" would be a very good name to describes the idea of this
facility. As a self organized solidarity space of free giving/donating and free
taking/reusing. The name "Give box" is similar.
+ Give box is not overused for other things found in the internet, eg. internet
modems.

"reuse" is to generic, eg. someone can tag a fridge with amenity=reuse and
reuse=fridge, to document a place to share food. But I think this kind of
facility deserves its own tag.
I think the tag "reuse" is currently only used because there is no other tag
for this kind of facility.

Give boxes are some kind of public storage room/space in the sense of giving
and reuse. I think the "free store" (German "Umsonstladen") in Germany is more
a give box as a store. As I read, even the shelf's in the "free store"
("Umsonstladen") are brought by the community, that's more something like a
public storage room. In a store I would except employees who eg. place the
items on the shelves. That's way a give box is not a shop=charity or
shop=second_hand. The idea and organization behind a "free store" (German
"Umsonstladen") and "Give box" are the same, they differ only in the storage
space size. A shack can also be named as a store. This makes a clear
distinction difficult. As abstraction for OSM, I think we can use the same tag.

free_box would be my second choice. I would like to solve it democratically. In
two weeks I would like to vote on give_box. If you prefer free_box then vote
against it and write it in the comment of the vote. Then I change it and do a
second vote for free_box.

A facility where people drop off and pick up various types of goods in the
sense of free sharing.

Hi

Based on the https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Reuse and
the  https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dpublic_bookcase tag I
describe a tag for facilities similar to public bookcases but with all kinds of
(none food) goods.