On 05/02/2020 13:02, Jeroen Hoek wrote:
This update has the unfortunate side-effect of breaking the rendering of
over 10000 hedges in the Netherlands.

This means that hedges are often mapped as areas, using the documented
tag pair of `barrier=hedge` plus `area=yes`:

In this case sounds like the renderer has broken the "principle of least surprise".

It doesn't sound like a tagging issue to me; I'd suggest that the renderer that made this change did so in error.  Is using a different renderer an option until it is fixed (perhaps the Humanitarian tiles linked from openstreetmap.org)?

(for the avoidance of doubt - I appreciate that this this conversation started on one mailing list, then replies moved it elsewhere, so this isn't intended to be a criticism of which list you posted to!)

Best Regards,

Andy