Unfortunately, a slight change to the description on the wiki will not
stop mappers from using landuse=meadow for a wide variety of features.

Currently there is even a tag meadow=perpetual for "meadows which are
maintained by natural environmental conditions", which I would
normally tag as natural=grassland.

However, I do think that the description needs to say that it is
mainly covered in grass and similar non-woody plants

There are many areas of rangeland in semi-arid regions where the main
vegetations is scrub or dwarf scrub (bushes and dwarf shrubs), where
the primary landuse is grazing cattle or sheep. These areas are not
tagged as landuse=meadow, because they are not a meadow or pasture:
there is not much grass. Many of them can be tagged as natural=heath
or natural=scrub, describing the semi-natural vegetation.

The presence of mainly grass (or sedges, clover, other herbaceous
plants) is just as important as the presence of grazing or occasional
hay-cutting, to define a meadow or pasture.

- Joseph Eisenberg