The current system seems to make sense.

If you have a leisure=playground feature, probably mapped as an area,
you can tag it with a list of tags like "playground:slide=yes",
"playground:swing=yes", to show what equipment is available.

If you want to map a slide or a swing as a separate feature, you tag
it "playground=slide", or "playground=swing"

What is the problem with this?

Re: > " I want to combine them to help to decrease tagging errors."

How will that help? What errors are you commonly finding?

Re: > This would allow to map playgrounds and their equipment in
situations where a playground just has one equipment and this
equipment fills up the whole area of the playground.

Mappers can tag "leisure=playground" + "playground=structure"  on the
same node or area in this case, right?

-- Joseph Eisenberg