Peter Elderson wrote:
> Suggestion for rendering:
> What about osmc:name=*
> I know, doesn't exist, but it's a logical companion of osmc:symbol.
> Definition would be: name to show on the map.
> Definition should be: just the simple name as found in the field, or
> the nae ecerybody knows and uses, no extra's.

That's pretty good _except_ for the tag name, I think. The osmc: prefix
comes from a particular (fairly obscure) bit of software called OSM
Composer, and for historical reasons it's become the popular tag for
symbols, but there's no reason to perpetuate that into other tags. I'd be
100% on board with using route_name= with your suggested definition.

Richard

--
Sent from: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Tagging-f5258744.html