On Mon, 13 Apr 2020 at 17:48, <lukas-...@web.de> wrote:

> I even do not know whether there is a consensus.

 Not yet.  Maybe never.

> In Germany, we use "amenity=clinic" often for everything which has not
> "hospital" (in german) in their name but looks like a hospital, often the
> difference is just emergency=no.

That sounds like the distinction between what the UK calls a general
hospital
(big, with emergency unit) and a cottage hospital (small, with only a minor
injuries unit).  Both have inpatient beds.  Both have "hospital" in their
names.

But in the UK we're moving away from cottage hospitals to "Integrated Care
Centres."  They include much of what a cottage hospital did and also other
things like a doctors' general practice and social workers.  But, crucially,
no inpatient beds.  They're not called hospitals by the health boards and
the
public don't think of them as hospitals because there are no beds.  They
include departments that would be tagged as clinics in their own right
if they were stand-alone, such as X-ray and physiotherapy.  Too big
to be tagged as a clinic, no beds so they're not a hospital.

Something else we could use a tag for.  We either need to be able to
specify hospital types such as general and cottage, then hammer the
square peg of an integrated care centre into the round hole of a
type of hospital or we need healthcare=integrated_care_centre.

--
Paul