OK, but are there any countries in the world where you can would
normally buy health insurance in the same place as car or home or life
insurance?

If not, then this is a theoretical problem only.

"if you  want to  ask "how many insurance offices are there and what
is the breakdown by type", it's much more natural to search one key..."

It's all one key either way ("office"), and database users already are
very accustomed to searching for more than one tag to find a set of
similar things. It only takes a few more seconds to add another tag to
an Overpass-API query.

But it takes more time for each mapper to add 2 tags instead of one.
Mapper time is the most precious resource in OpenStreetMap: we don't
have enough mappers, and most are working for free, for fun.

Let's make things as easy as possible for mappers: one tag for one main feature.

-- Joseph Eisenberg