On Fri, 8 May 2020 at 02:27, s8evq <s8e...@runbox.com> wrote:

> Of the 8 opposing votes, only 1 has made the effort to comment beforehand on
> the talk page. The 7 others just came in and voted no, without any discussion
> beforehand. That doesn't seem correct. It should not be possible to be
> suddenly faced with this fait accompli.

Hm, I'm not seeing that requirement on
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposal_process#Voting

In fact all the opposing votes made comments as to why they oppose it.
You may disagree with their reasons but that doesn't make them
invalid.

How much discussion do you think should be necessary before voting "I
oppose, because I think using sub-tags is better"? If someone thinks
that, they think that. A discussion would just print the arguments
back and forth.

--Jarek