May 25, 2020, 15:04 by ja...@piorkowski.ca:

> On Mon, 25 May 2020 at 07:22, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging
> <tagging@openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>
>> May 25, 2020, 11:06 by colin.sm...@xs4all.nl:
>>
>>> Is there a uniform definition of "motor_vehicle" in terms of its
>>> constituent vehicle classes? Do the constituent classes also have a uniform
>>> definition? A problematic example is "psv" where its status is not simply a
>>> function of the vehicle's construction or taxation class, but also of the
>>> use to which it is being put. If a taxi driver takes his taxi on holiday? A
>>> bus running empty back to the depot?
>>>

>> And that is why psv is useful. Lets say that in given territory it applies
>> to bus on route with public
>> and scheduled traffic and it does not apply to bus running service that is
>> not accessible to public.
>>

> Is meaning of psv=* territory dependent? I don't get that impression
> from the wiki, and was under the impression it was to include taxis
> worldwide. Please tell me if I had that wrong.

I though that the point of that tag was that it follows local legislation.

So if I have signs "public services vehicles are allowed" or
"pojazdy transportu bublicznego" and government will change
what counts as "public service vehicle"
 (fox example - minimum number of seats / includes excludes horse-drawn
carriages, excludes taxi vehicles that are not passing pollution
requirements...)
there is no need to retweak bizarrely complicated conditional restrictions.