When I lived in a suburb of Minneapolis, we had this bridge that everyone
graffitied. Some of it was typical trash, but others were works of art,
including Prince on a motorcycle. About the same time out came Prince's
album, Graffiti Bridge.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graffiti_Bridge_(album) The art stayed up
longer than normal but after a time it was graffitied over. Last time I was
in town, I drove past the bridge but it was long gone. Or because the area
changed so much I couldn't find it :)

I suspect that graffiti is too transitory to map. But if I had been
contributing to OSM I would have added it - and if Steve would have started
OSM before 1990.

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 5:22 PM Paul Allen <pla16...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 01:02, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> it’s a qualifier that is highly subjective as noted by Paul. The
>> criterion is *you*. If you believe it should be mapped, then do it.
>>
>> Add an image= tag if you like, and if you are going to add further detail
>>

> And it's also, like many other things, blurry.  Is this graffiti, or a
> mural,
> or a memorial? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53247629
> I'd say it's not a mural but is graffiti.  It's also a memorial.  Somebody,
> not me, mapped it as a monument although I don't think monument
> applies: https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/6211918213
>
> BTW, that looks like a milk churn stand to the right of the memorial.
> I should get around to asking if that needs a proposal or if there was
> insufficient objection to a value already in use (one time!) that it can
> just be documented without a formal vote.
>
> And then there's this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46634242
> Mural or graffiti?  Given the way it was painted, it could be classed as
> graffiti.  Very notable, even though unsigned.
>
> --
> Paul

@osm_washington
www.snowandsnow.us