Looks like humus is a component of soil. So I think soil covers it, being a
top layer consisting of mixed organic and mineral matter.

To me it is hard to imagine an area as permanently natural=bare_soil.
Wouldn't there always be some kind of vegetation within a year?

Best, Peter Elderson

Op vr 10 jul. 2020 om 12:42 schreef Michael Montani <michael.mont...@un.org