On 10/07/2020 11.24, Peter Elderson wrote:
Well, if you do a couple of intersections it's no big deal, but if every
intersection would need this and it breaks relations, no matter whose fault
it is, it is a problem. Then it's not just modeling, but forced repair
work.

Sure, but my point was that I don't think my proposal changes anything here, since someone (myself, for example) might already split ways at intersections for other reasons.

May be worth it, but I would like to know that at proposal time, not
by discovering all routes and turn restrictions are broken.

That's fair. I'm not actually sure offhand what happens when you split a way at or near an intersection, although I would hope that editors can update the relations correctly. This is probably more of an issue with intersections where turn lanes are separately modeled, and I wonder how many of those aren't already split as they would need to be.

That said, I think it makes sense to add a note asking editors to be mindful of such things. I'll add some wordage to the proposal.

--
Matthew